Attracting U.S. Investment to Jordan
Topic: Attracting U.S. Investment to Jordan
Host: Ambassador Stuart E. Jones
Date, time, time zone for call: Monday, June 4, 2012; 9:00 a.m. EDT / 4:00 p.m. (1600) local time
Brief description of call:
- The benefits of the U.S.- Jordan bilateral Free Trade Agreement (FTA)
- Regional trade expansion possibilities utilizing Jordan’s Agadir and Greater Arab FTAs, including into potentially lucrative markets in Iraq, Libya, and Saudi Arabia.
- Petra Engineering (air conditioning units)
- AES Amman Independent Power Plant
- Albemarle/Jordan Bromine Company (chemical extractives)
- Information and communications technology (ICT) and garment industries sectors
- Jordan’s advantages: bilateral and regional free trade agreements, labor force, Qualifying Industrial Zone agreement with Israel, ICT and healthcare sectors, sea port access, etc.
Click here for additional information on doing business in Jordan.