New Turkish Investment Incentives
Topic: New Turkish Investment Incentives
Host: Ambassador to Turkey Francis Ricciardone
Special Guest: Deputy Director General of Investment Incentives & Foreign Direct Investment Murat Alici
Date, time, time zone for call: Thursday, May 3, 2012; 10:00 a.m. EDT / 5:00 p.m. Ankara
Brief description of call: Deputy Director General Alici will explain Turkey’s new investment incentives that were announced April 6, which focus on five areas:
- More attractive tax credits for investors
- Incentivizing based on economic need rather than geographical location
- Revising the list of sectors requiring incentives
Supporting investment in the following priority strategic and high-tech sectors:
- transportation (particularly rail and sea/sea ports)
- primary, secondary, and high school education
- Increasing support mechanisms for Turkey’s least developed regions
Participants will have the opportunity to pose questions directly to Ambassador Ricciardone and Deputy Director General Alici during the Q&A portion of the webinar.
Click here for additional information on doing business in Turkey.