State/INL Jordan Program
- FY 2008 – $1,488,000 (INCLE*)
- FY 2009 – $1,000,000 (INCLE)
- FY 2011 – $250,000 (INCLE)
*INCLE: International Narcotics Control and Law Enforcement Funds
To support activities to develop the Government of Jordan capability, including its legal framework and the technical capacity of key stakeholders, to address transnational crime, and build law enforcement capacity to address and prevent gender-based violence.
- Anti Money Laundering: The INL program provides training, equipment, and other technical assistance to AML/CFT stakeholders, to including the newly-established Jordanian Anti-Money Laundering Unit, whose mandate specifically targets the enforcement of newly adopted AML/CFT laws in Jordan.
- Gender-Based Violence: INL provides assistance to the Public Security Directorate’s Family Protection Department to increase police capacity to investigate cases of violence, while facilitating protection and services for victims.
- Intellectual Property Rights Enforcement: INL provides training and equipment to support the Jordan Standards and Metrology Organization (JSMO) in order to promote the enforcement of IPR protection and enforcement.