Taken Question
Office of the Spokesman
Washington, DC
July 23, 2010

Question: Can you confirm that one of the Cuban political prisoners released to Spain wants to come to the United States?

Answer: No. There are a number of mechanisms through which Cubans may legally immigrate to the United States. In addition, several options exist for immigration to the United States for eligible Cubans located outside of Cuba in a third country. Recently-released Cuban political prisoners who are now in Spain may seek information from the U.S. Embassy in Madrid. U.S. Embassies and Consulates around the world provide consular services to interested individuals who may be eligible to travel to the United States.


PRN: 2010/1005