Foreign Service children become adults at age 18 in the United States. It is important, as the parent of a child in the Foreign Service, to know at what age some of the regulations change. Please be in touch with your Career Development Officer (CDO) regarding your child being on your orders. Also please note that at age 21 there may be some age restrictions for your child.

For questions about:

Education Travel – visit our Education Allowances webpage
Diplomatic Passport
Medical Benefits and Health Care Reform
Your Child Being on Your Orders – contact your HR technician

Employment Options for Your Dependents:

FLO Web links for College information

College and Beyond
Educational Travel Allowance
A Guide to Obtaining a Driver's License in the Washington Area

Information provided by the Family Liaison Office
Contact the Family Liaison Office

[This is a mobile copy of When a Child Becomes an Adult]

Short URL: